Monday, November 16, 2009

Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

The past 3 times I've had my hair highlighted by this girl I've had to go back the next day to have her adjust my color to what I really wanted the first time. I know it's not easy getting the perfect color-but this time she sent me home with hair that's kind of orange and I really don't like it! I don't want to spend more money but I wanted it blond! I even took a picture...she mentioned my "brassy undertones" when she was washing my hair out, but I guess she wasn't "displeased" with it enough to make it look better. What would you do?



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

If she has a manager, I would talk to them. Haircolour is an art form %26amp; a little bit of chemistry to concoct the perfect shades using the colours available.



Be honest w/ her %26amp; tell her that you really aren't happy. If she cares about her work (%26amp; her reputation- because I would tell everyone who messed my hair), she will make you happy either by using a toner to take care of the brassiness, refunding your money, or getting someone in the same salon to help her get her formula right. Colour is tricky %26amp; you never exactly know how someone's hair is going to process. If it doesn't turn out right, you keep working on it over a few weeks (so the hair can take a break from all the damage) to get it right.



Most people just go somewhere else %26amp; have another stylist colour correct the mistakes thus having to pay more. This is silly because you paid for a service that you aren't happy w/.



A great stylist will want to make their guests happy because if their clients are happy, they will return for more services.



Talk to her %26amp; have in mind what you want, ie, a refund, (which after 3 tries, I would want) or speak to her manager about a refund. It may also be about her time- if she mentioned the brassiness %26amp; you didn't speak up, she may have just hoped you would let it pass w/ out a comment. Speak up for what you want even after a service. Where I work, if a guest comes in w/ a photo %26amp; shows the stylist what they want, if the stylist doesn't manage to do this, they keep working at it until it is accomplished. Most good stylists will keep working.



I hope you aren't paying each time you are going to her are you? Once is enough to try to get the colour you want. Don't wait too long to contact her because there is usually only a 7 day period on disliking colours. After too long, they think you are just wanting a different colour for free.



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

its normal for a hairstyles to not the the right color. and if you really dont like it then go to a different hair place and let they try to get it right.



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

Well maybe she's working you for the money. I would go to a different salon the next time. Three tries is a bit much for just getting highlights.



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

I totally have been there. It happens all the time. I started to research the physics of hair coloring and do my own now (I haven't screwed it up yet!!!) I can't believe she sent you home with it orange when you said you wanted blonde.......Call her tomorrow and tell her she needs to fix it. If she saw the picture and didn't think she could achieve the color, she shouldn't have done it in the first place. You poor thing!



Good luck!!!!



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

one time this lady died my hair, and it was this really ugly mousy brown color. i didn't say anything to her but then the next day i told myself i wasn't going to just live with that color, so i went back in and had her re-die it. the second time she made it dark brown with mocha and some red and it looked really pretty. she did it for free the second time which was really nice of her



i guess if i were you i would find someone different who knows exactly what color you want



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

Sadly its not right for a hairstyleist to do that it shoulf be right the first time seeing as the colour is permiment so if i was u change ur styler



Is it normal that a hair stylist can't get the right color the first time?

she needs to ask u about Ur self if Ur drinking medicines,mood, analyze Ur hair, make sure she gets the right base, and use color lifters to get to color u want if is light, color hair is not easy and it also need to be explained about the bases because for example get in a swimming pool Ur hair can change color to ur base because of the chemicals and if they know what their doing yes they could get it right the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment