Friday, November 13, 2009

How do I get my highlighted blonde hair back after its been dyed light brown and re-highlighted to c

I have naturally dark blonde hair and I get highlights. I tried to fix my roots with an at home root touch up. It failed miserably and turned my roots orange. Then, I dyed it light brown to try and cover up the orange which turned it a greenish gray, and it was still a brownish orange on top. (I know, 2 big mistakes). So I went to the salon to get it corrected with toners. She highlighted over the dingy brown. It looks better than it did, but it still looks bad. The awful brown color has turned my once golden locks into a dishwatery blondish gray. I feel like crying. The brown hair dye I used was a demi-permanent and was said to wash out in 28 shampoos. I've shampooed with Prell 3 times to strip out the color, and now it looks like the brown is washing out in spots. When the brown washes out completely will it leave behind my original highlights? Or am I left with this awful color? Also, the top of my head is still the brassy color, and the bottom looks so grayish. Help me please!



How do I get my highlighted blonde hair back after its been dyed light brown and re-highlighted to correct it?

sorry about this, but it looks like you've done a whole lot of damage to your hair that may not be irreversible.



wait another week to see what the brown color will do, and if it doesn't come back, see if you can dye your hair back to it's natural color. you'll probably have to use bleach to lighten it, so make sure you go to a stylist to have this done.



after that, the only real solution is to let your hair grow back out.



as a general rule, you should always go to a stylist to dye your hair, unless you are covering up grey hair. again sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment