Monday, November 16, 2009

Does anyone know how to "highlight" white hair to return some color with a natural look?

I've been coloring my hair since I prematurely grayed in my 20's. I let it grow out last year for my 50th birthday. I'm about 90% white. I look much older than my age and washed out. I was recently offered my senior citizen discount! I live in fear of someone thinking I'm my husband's MOTHER!



I want to add some color back with shades of blonde and light brown highlights.My beautician has never done it or seen it done. I'd rather experiment myself than pay that kind of money. I welcome uggestions on how. I'm not asking if I should.



Does anyone know how to "highlight" white hair to return some color with a natural look?

How about a reverse frost? Instead of having to take the color out....all you would have to do is pull your hair through the cap...then just put the color you want on it! You would need to look for some hair color or toner that would really soak into your hair. I have very stubborn gray around my face. I bought some hair color, and I'm going to do it myself this weekend.



Hope this helps...and good luck!



Edited to add....there are also hair coloring kits that you 'paint' the color on with a brush. I used that on my sister one time, and she loved it!



Does anyone know how to "highlight" white hair to return some color with a natural look?

Thank you for the points..and the tip about the Magic gray...I may try that as well! We have a Sally's close by.



Good luck! Report It



Does anyone know how to "highlight" white hair to return some color with a natural look?

go to the hair salon



Does anyone know how to "highlight" white hair to return some color with a natural look?

That is an awesome idea. Don't stick with a color you don't like.



First, I would not reccommend doing it yourself. It seems like what you are looking for is more subtle and natural results and those can best be achieved through a colorist. If you get the right color, you won't have to go back too often for touch ups. So, find a colorist (someone experienced in hair coloring).



I would say that you should go with a pale blond, since your hair is white and that way the roots won't be obvious if they grow out a little. Go with a "single process" color, which is technically a temporary color but lasts a long time and gives your hair a lot of shine too.



Have her choose a pale ash blonde (if you have a cool skin tone) or a pale golden blonde if you have a warm skin tone. Once this single process color is in, your colorist can add some lighter highlights to make it look more natural and to make root growout even less noticeable.



It will look awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment